Louise MacMillan Memorial ScholarshipEstablished by the Federated Women's Institute of PEI, and the Louise MacMillan family, this $100.00 scholarship is to be presented annually to a deserving student.
Past recipients include:
- 2009 - Katherine Mitchell
- 2010 - Alicia Webster
- 2011 - Sarah McIsaac
- 2012 - Moriah Hogan
- 2013 - Priscilla Beaton
- 2014 - Lisa MacLean
- 2015 - Morgan MacDonald
- 2016 - Emma MacPhail
- 2017 - Grace Coles
- 2018 - Jessica VanEwyk (by error was granted $500, not $100)
- 2019 - Robert Larson
- Applicant must reside on Prince Edward Island and have a relative in Women's Institute.
- Applicant may be enrolled in any program of choice, in any form of post-secondary institution, but must be enrolled as a full-time student for a minimum of one school year or 28 weeks.
- Applications will be judged on volunteer work done to enhance community life and leadership skills. Highest marks are not necessary to receive this scholarship.
- Applicants may apply yearly for scholarship, but may receive it only once.
- Applications should be accompanied by an academic record from school, a personal resume, including a record of previous awards/scholarships, a (250 word essay) on "The Importance of Involvement Within Your Community" and any (2) letters of recommendation from a former teacher and a clergy or employer.
- The scholarship money will be in the form of a cheque, made payable after proof of registration is received at the WI office, to the recipient and the facility of choice as outlined in #2.
- Applications to be forwarded to WI office by May 31.
- Judges will be selected by the Provincial Board.