Accomplishments & Publications
In 2018, during Founder's Day Celebrations on February 13, The Honourable Elizabeth Hubley awarded medals to twelve recipients of the PEI Women's Institute commemorating the 150th seating of the Senate. These members represented the entire WI membership across Prince Edward Island for their "enthusiasm, commitment and sheer hard work for making a real difference in the day-to-day lives of Islanders across the Province". Recipients included: Helen Nicholson, Joan Dawson, Betty Millar, Reta MacDonald, Iva Mutch, Margie Stewart, Marie Kenny, Carol MacLellan, Doreen Cole, Cynthia Mitchell, Jacquie Laird and Doreen Wall.
The current and Past Board Presidents of PEIWI were also honoured with Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medals. On May 28, 2012 at Government House, a presentation of the commemorative medal created to mark the 2012 celebrations of the 60th anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada was presented. The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal is a tangible way for Canada to honour Her Majesty for her service to this country. At the same time, it serves to honour significant contributions and achievements by Canadians.
The awarding of these medals were especially notable as Her Majesty The Queen has given her patronage to many Canadian organizations including Federated Women's Institute of Canada. PEI being the second largest member of FWIC in Canada is honoured to have the connection to the Royal Monarchy and to be awarded the monumental medals.
Congratulations to the Boards and Branches serving with those Provincial Presidents throughout the history of PEIWI.
Prince Edward Island's first Women's Institute branch was organized in 1911 in York. In 1913, Marshfield become that first brand to be organized in partnership with the Department of Agriculture. Since then, the PEIWI has worked very hard to be the voice, taking action, and creating change in PEI communities.
- Some of our main accomplishments we're proud to have been a part of include:
- 1924: Forerunner of existing Provincial Handcraft & Arts Exhibition
- 1930: Opening of Provincial Sanatorium
- 1945: First Provincial Music Festival initiated by Women's Institute
- 1946: First Provincial Drama Festival initiated by Women's Institute
- 1947: PEIWI first in Canada to have radio program
- 1973: First Provincial Annual Roadside Clean-up
- 1979: "Make Mine Milk" program organized in provincial schools.
- 1989: Over $25,000 raised for Cat Scan Fund at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- 1998: Spearheaded Drive for Stereotactic Mammography Machine in QEH
- 1998: Raised over $260,000 for Stereotactic Mammography machine QWH
- 2000: Spearheaded Drive for Video Scope System for Prince County Hospital
- 2001: First ever WI Legacy Bike Tour raising over $56,000 for a Video Scope for PCH
- 2002: Second WI Legacy Bike Tour raising over $56,000 for a Video Scope, PCH
- 2003: Completed Video Scope Project
- 2001-2015: "Spring is In the Air" Gala Dinner, all proceeds to Island Hospitals.
2016: "Spring is In the Air" Gala Dinner proceeds went to the Prince Edward Island Ground Search and Rescue.
2017: "Spring is In the Air Gala" Dinner raised over $8000 for both the Western Coummunity Hospital and the Alberton Hosptial.
2018: Over $14,000 was raised in the "Spring is the Air" Gala Dinner for Prince County Hosptial.
2019: In excess of $8,500 was raised for Lennon Recovery House
*When combined, over $500,000 have been contributed to medical endeavours.
- 2019 Report 1
- 2020 Report 2
- 2019 Branch Annual Financial Statement Form
- 2019 Branch Membership Form
- 2019 Individual Membership Form
- 2019 Bylaws
- 2019 Memorial Edition
- 2018 Memorial Edition
- 2017 Memorial Edition
- 2016 Memorial Edition
- 2015 Memorial Edition
- 2014 Memorial Edition
- 2013 Memorial Edition
- 2012 Memorial Edition
- 2011 Memorial Edition
- 2010 Memorial Edition
- 2009 Memorial Edition
- Exhibition Handbook for WI Handicrafts, Horticulture and Arts Show of Provincial Exhibition
- FWIC National Convention 2009 - In Review
- Guidelines For Life Membership in PEI Women's Institute
- WI Awards & Scholarships Brochure
- Mary Stewart Collect
- History of the Mary Stewart Collect
- Sketch of Women Institue on PEI
- WI Brochure
- Monthly & Tri-Annual Newsletters
- Branch Convenor Reports
- How to write a resolution
- Speaker Series